Mumbai, the city of dreams is full of people searching for a purpose, working hard day and night, traveling in the same local trains for many years.It is also called the home of cinema or the glamorous world of Bollywood. For some people, the city is filled with countless possibilities which are waiting to be explored. It is no doubt that the music schools and colleges here would be less than awesome. Here are top 10 such institutes:
Tip: Are you passionate about learning music and not getting time in your daily routine. We provide a platform to learn music from anywhere at anytime. No recorded classes. You can visit us at wegotguru.com
- Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva mahavidyalaya Mandal: Established by late Pt. Vishnu Digambar Paluskar in 1901, Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal is a prestigious institution which has many centers all over India and over 1 lakh students taking exam every year. Their main focus is to teach Hindustani Classical Music and keep this art alive. The courses they offer are: Vocal, Harmonium, Flute, Violin, Sitar, Tabla, Kathak and Bharatnatyam.
Address: Gandharva Niketan, Brahmanpuri, Miraj, District – Sangli, 416 410 (Maharashtra)
Phone Number: +(91) – (233) – 222 2526, +(91) – (233) – 222 2527
- Guitar Hall: Founded in 1998 by Kiran Roy, Guitar Hall has emerged as a great option for those who love Guitar. They also manufacture their Guitar series ‘GH’. They have various methods to teach and help in developing confidence and skills among young children so that they can build their career. There are 20 centres all over Mumbai, experienced faculty and more than 6000 students.
Address: Shop No.6, Govind Complex, MG Complex, Sector-14, Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400703
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: +91-9820428423
- Global DJ Music Production and DJ Training Academy: The institute is 8 years old and is the oldest institution of DJ production and mixing in Mumbai. They have worked with big musicians like Outlandish, Jaysean and Kardinal Offishall the art of Djing. They offer the following courses: DJ Training Course, Digital DJ Course, Electronic Music Production, Diploma in Electronic Music Production and Audio Engineering.
Address: 202, Kamdhenu building no 2, Lokhandwala complex,
Andheri west, Mumbai -400053
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: +91 9619332579 / +91 96199 88677
- Vyas Sangeet Vidya Mandir: This institution was established in 1947 with an aim to popularize the classical music among the young generation of this country. They believe that the students should not be confined to only classroom teaching, so they organize many events and lets the students participates at many other events to bring out the best in them. The courses they offer are: Vocal, Guitar, Mandolin, Sitar, Harmonium, Tabla, Violin and Keyboard.
Address: Vyas Sangeet Vidya Mandir, 13, Prarthana Samaj Road, Ramchandra Niwas,
Vile Parle (East), Mumbai – 400 057
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: +91 – 22 – 26186620
- True School of Music: The institution offers both professional courses and foundation courses like Bass, Drums, Vocals, Guitar, Instrument Producer, Keyboards, Music Production, Hindustani Playback Vocals and many more. The faculty is experienced and chase perfection in each and every field.
Address: 107, Sun Mill Compound, Opp Hanuman Temple, Lower Parel, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 022.6624.3200
- Sharda Sangeet Vidyalaya: This institute is affiliated to both Trinity College of Music, London and Akhil Bhartiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya. Over the past eighty eight years, they have earned much appreciation from all over India. They have many classical music instruments which are taught by renowned gurus. They also follow the age old tradition- ‘The Guru Shishya’.
Address: Nadabrahma Mandir, M. Kalelkar Marg, Near Kala Nagar, Bandra (East),
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: 022-2659 0433 / 022- 2659 2439
- National Centre for Performing Arts: It was inaugurated in 1969 and became the first multi-venue, multi-genre cultural centre in South Asia. They promote our art and culture in the fields of music, dance, theatre, film, literature and photography. They have been presenting new and innovative work by Indian and international artists from a diverse range of genres including drama, contemporary dance, orchestral concerts, opera, jazz and chamber music. Today, the NCPA hosts more than 700 events each year, making it India’s largest and most holistic performing arts centre.
Address: NCPA Marg, Nariman Point Mumbai 400 021
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: +91 -22-6622 3737
- Sai Nanak College of Music and Performing Arts: Practice makes a man perfect, they have taken this saying way too seriously as they teaches 5 days a week and 6 hours a day to young musicians. The instruments are mostly provided in the classroom. Jamming, classroom teaching and performance is a regular thing they do. Various western instruments are being taught here.
Address: Sai Nanak Music, 1st floor, Shiv Sadan, Plot 9, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400703
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: 022 2789 3500
- Psalms School of Music: They offer the following courses such as Indian Classical & Western & Contemporary), Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Spanish Guitar, Ukulele, Keyboard, Piano, Violin, Music Theory, Flute, Bongo, Congo, Acoustic Drums, Electric Drums, Octopad, Tabla, Harmonica, Recorder & Sound Production (Hardware & Software). They train students in such a way so that they can further complete their studies in international music colleges like Trinity College for Music, London. Over 1500 students are a part of this institution.
Address: 365, Powai Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai 400076Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone Number: +91-22-65292160
- University of Mumbai- Department of Music: The University of Mumbai is the oldest and first Universities founded in India in 1857. The history of the education of performing arts of Music and Dance in Universities in India is not very old. Many great musicians, musicologists from 19th century were Pandit Vishnu Digambar Paluskar and Pandit Vishnu Narayan Bhatkhande. Both these musicians did extensive research and restructured music education. In short, the Department of Music is a great place to pursue a music degree as they the all the books on music, various instruments and a great faculty.
Address: University of Mumbai, M.G. Road Fort, Mumbai-400 032Email Id: email@example.comPhone Number: 22708700